Multimedia is a form of communication that combines different content forms (such as text, audio, images, animation, or video) into a single interactive presentation. Unlike traditional mass media, traditional mass media has almost no user interaction, such as Printed materials or audio recordings. Popular examples of multimedia include video podcasts, audio slideshows, and animated videos. In this course, I found that when using multimedia elements to present content, the learning experience will increase a lot. According to the theories learned in class, when we use multimedia teaching, we need to use simple and intuitive content to make it easier for viewers to remember the content. Driscoll & Carliner (2005) pointed out that “design is not just a process; the process and the resulting products represent a mental framework.”

When I was editing the video at the beginning, I edited all my operations and everything not related to the video. Later, based on the five principles for reducing extraneous processing, I made a series of adjustments. First of all, I added text at the beginning of the video, which allows the audience to know directly what the video wants to express and highlight the theme of the video. So I recorded a black screen video and added the text to the beginning of the video. Next, in the original video, the referee’s reaction appeared many times during the dance, which interrupted the fluency of the dance. According to the principle of coherence, I edited the part of the referee’s response so that the dance can be connected and the whole dance is more coherent. In the original video, because I accidentally touched the mouse, a progress bar appeared. In the upper right and lower right of the video, there are texts that are not related to dance, which affect the viewing experience of the audience. According to the signaling principle, dance is the focus. I covered the text that appeared in the video and the prompts that appeared due to my operation and edited things that had nothing to do with the dance. According to the principle of redundancy, I deleted the comments from the audience and the referees, highlighting the key point of the dance, and shortening the time of the video. I kept the translation of the lyrics, which can make the audience understand the dance better.

BEFORE:

AFTER: